The Current is the daily student-run news organization of Eckerd College. We produce daily web exclusives on our companion website as well as a free biweekly print newspaper. Offices are located upstairs in Cobb at 4200 54th Ave S., St. Petersburg, FL, 33711. Opinions expressed in this publication are those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect those of EC students, staff, faculty and administration. Any questions, comments or letters to the editor may be directed to the Editor-in-Chief, Malena Carollo: email@example.com. To request information regarding advertising, including a media kit, please contact Sarah Richardson, director of public relations and advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org.Below are a list of state, regional and national recognition and awards:
Academic Year: 2012/13
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Southeast Regional Competition: Winner of Best (small) College Newspaper and Best (small) College Affiliated Website; 1st place individual winners in In-depth Reporting, Feature Writing, Editorial Writing, Columnist, Sports Writing, and Sports Photography; 2nd and 3rd place winners in In-depth Reporting and Sports Writing.
- Florida College Press Association (FCPA): 2nd place in Best College Newspaper; Best Feature Writing, Best Feature Design, Best Editorial/Op-ed, Best Sports Writing; 2nd and 3rd place News Writing, 3rd place Editorial/Op-ed.
Academic Year: 2011/12
- Florida College Press Association Competition: Winner of Best College Newspaper, Best Feature Story, Best Sports Photo, 3rd place Best Sports Photo.
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Southeast Regional Competition: Regional finalist for Best College Website.
Academic Year: 2010/11
- Florida College Press Association Competition: winner of Best College Newspaper, 2nd place Best News Photo, Best Feature Story, 3rd place Best Sports Story, 3rd place Best Front Cover Design, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Best Editorial/Opinion Column.
- Association of Collegiate Press: National finalist for Best College Website in the category of schools with enrollment less than 5,000.
Academic Year: 2009/10
- Florida College Press Association Competition: 3rd place Best College Newspaper, 2nd place Best Feature Story, 1st & 3rd place Best News Story, Best News Photo, 2nd place Best Sports Photo, 2nd place Best Sports Story, 2nd place Best College Website.